Friday, July 9, 2010

Dissolution

the things in my world are streaked with tears.
leftover from the precious moments I pushed aside,
staining and changing what I held so dear

Genuine footholds lay now cracked and broken
from rough calloused hands of misunderstanding and abuse,
I kneel down and cry, filling the gaps of emptiness with nothing but pools of pain

Like my expression of admiration for you, the sun is hidden
behind the trees, behind my own blindness that fools even the wisest of hearts

My own blood is splashed across the kitchen floor where my heart died that night.

Your I love you still echoes through my skin and visits me in my sleep,
where I can see you so real like yesterday,
still feel your warmth around me when none of the world mattered.
but those beasts in this life came too fast,
swallowing up with animosity what was originally perfect,
suffocating my words,
and stealing away my burning passion for you.

Never in repair until your hands embrace mine, I sink through the air.
looking for oxygen, a home I found in you for those moments we were together

You haunt my dreams and
the way out of this mess holds almost as many miles as your absence.

and now miles away you sleep as I am in agony for what I lost.


HGM

6.8.10

No comments:

Post a Comment