Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Restoration

the wind shakes loudly in my ear and leaves fly in spirals around my fingertips
new colors surround my retinas and hope envelops my skin
strings of a viola and sounds of passion embellish what my heart longs to say and what my soul yearns to hold again
the fields of peace surround me and I'm in the middle of it all with more heart than a body can handle,
from all directions voices of love take my breath away and my heart beats for what it could have someday,
eyes closed and heart open I see more now than I ever could before.
realization sinks deep to my toes as I see who you are and love genuinely what I see.
heavy and light at the same time, I don't know which way is which,
happily lost and forever found I am undivided and my thirst sincerely quenched
every uttered word from your lips shakes my soul to the bone and fractures every insecurity,
I watch as negativity dissipates into nothing and as depth gladly takes its place,
my arms held wide open and my smile spread far, I welcome every blessed moment of felicity,
tears stream down my face and fall to the ground, watering every part of who I am,
what used to be caverns of pain are now mountains of life and everything has become relevant
to a journey I can't wait to begin.
smiling through the blur I see undoubtedly now
that I belong nowhere else than in your arms


HGM
7-2013

1 comment:

  1. i wish i could find the words to compliment what you wrote, but the eloquence with which you used to express yourself is beyond praise. Keep sharing your heart as it allows you to process your life and encourage/inspire others

    JDLJ

    ReplyDelete