Friday, November 24, 2017

Be Okay With It

A romantic mind is hard to find as most of us live blind in a world of material
But I'd rather have a palm filled with priceless post-it note poems with you
than pretend plastic pieces of soul bought sorely with a price, from the rest of them

I haven't met you but outside of my world I know you are there
In a world of wonder not unlike my own mind
With dreams of real things not as far away as they seem

Until I find your kind soul like my own I find peace of mind
In being romantic for myself until you get here

Because
In those moments of alone is where the truth brightly shines
Where under the lonely sky there is me, a person dancing to the melodies of crying stars
And being okay with it

In those moments of alone is where I exist
lovingly, on my own
Where standing in the waves holding my arms out to the world is me
Being okay with it

Being okay with being alone
Eating dinner in places where most people fill the spaces between the tables
Walking beaches and large rocks to reach spots where I'm on top of the world
Making wishes on flower petals and sharing solo kisses with the breezes
Waiting for the moon to illuminate shadows on your face unknown to me yet

Until then I am okay with it
Being romantic for myself until you get here
To dance with me under that lonely sky of stars that still cry
To stand in the waves on a day where our arms become the world of each other's hearts
To walk beaches and large rocks to reach spots where we are on top of it all

How I've missed you my whole life I've not known you but when I do
I will be more than just okay with it.



HGM
11.24.17








No comments:

Post a Comment