Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Foreign Pillowcase

Colors of mascara decorate my pillow case now, and
my face stained with tears dried up has left my eyes cracked and empty with
nothing more to cry

The clenching of my own fists doesn't exist anymore
as my voice fails me yet again in calling you back to me.
Parched lips, tasted and unwanted, utter no words of meaning anymore,
only cries for help left unanswered

Breathing in the stale and humid air only reinforces the fear of abandonment coming true,
Coughing, choking, gagging on wasted words, wasted tears, wasted kisses
that were coated in lies and deceit

Paralysis takes over every part of my body as I sink
deeper still, attempting to claw my way out.
Emptiness consumes what was once filled with things too good to remember,
now too foreign to comprehend

My heart explodes with bitter emotions that hold no place in this language
and they bleed out,
reaching for a listener that isn't there

Screaming holds no answers now
so in silence I slowly decompose
with this foreign pillowcase

HGM

10.7.08

No comments:

Post a Comment