Saturday, March 27, 2010

Lying Numbers

the ticking of the clock surrounds me in this room
with its menacing power in this still moment
the hands reach for me and I don't know if I trust them
the whispers from next door diminish the closer I listen

time betrays me
my toes turn cold and my breathing suddenly becomes as loud as the ticking tocks on the wall
I am excluded with a dead and suffocating silence

the ringing in my ears begin to drown everything out as the silence grows stronger
I begin to miss things I never had and wonder which way to turn

the hands still reach for me
and I decide that I don't trust them.
their numbers tell lies while they point their fingers at me
their ticking spills deceit through my veins

the ticking of the clock surrounds me in this room.
with its menacing power in this still moment
I slide my arms down the wall and throw it far away from me
as I fall to the ground and cry


HGM

3.27.10

No comments:

Post a Comment