Sunday, March 7, 2010

Of Stars

bright light comes from the dark sky above
shining gloriously through the fog and onto our faces.
staying under the blankets and out of the cold
we laugh at nothing as the stars hold our complete attention

the dew takes over and ices everything around us
but not our hearts, which beat warmly in our chests
louder and softer than ever before
connecting in a spontaneous moment of truth and safety

the small light illuminates the details of our faces
and suddenly everything becomes clear as I sit not alone
enveloped in a moment etched into my mind forever
untouched, untainted, and mine

like a still picture of hands pointing to the stars
and of smiles painted on our faces radiating beauty into the night sky
we sit in silence
and I sit in awe of the very soul who makes me feel alive and free

the heaviness on my heart is lifted and I am suddenly lighter
bursting with a laughter I forgot I had
the vastness of the space we rest in does not scare me
as we are the only people in the entire universe of stars
 
the treasured light shines from the darkness above
opening my eyes to what I knew I was seeing all along

staying under the blankets and out of the cold
we turn to each other, laugh at nothing, and we neglect the stars
as they shine on, witnessing our moment of sheer perfection before we say goodbye

HGM

3.7.10
A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment