Friday, March 26, 2010

Like Mine.

My heart pushes this blood through my veins with such an intensity now, alive
my passion is on fire, free like a soul with not a single boundary
every moment is saved, etched onto my heart like a permanent picture
filled with things that leave me with no words

to be disconnected from the world was a feeling all too familiar
but somehow you're not the rest of the world but real, and beautiful

and now, alone doesn't exist

I stand here with those words you say repeating on a loop in my soul
and I can do nothing but bask in their warmth,
Suddenly the brokenness in me has been made whole again by
forests and water guns
honesty and picnic tables
playgrounds and pinecones
two eyes and a smile

whole now in a way I never knew to be possible
my soul is pierced forever by an unexpected rescue
and my heart has a place to go this time,
a safe one

I am no longer staring into a reflection no one else sees
Bursting at the seams with a joy long forgotten,
I dance to myself and hum a tune that I can finally share with a soul like mine.


HGM

3.25.10

No comments:

Post a Comment